Today, the 24th Meeting of the GST Council was conducted by mode of Video Conferencing to decide the E Way Bill Mechanism.
In the GST Council meet, following decisions were approved:
1) Nationwide E Way Bill system will be ready on trial basis latest by 16th January, 2018.
2) For Interstate moment of goods (as defined in e way bill rules), E Way Bill is mandatory with effect from 1st February, 2018.
3) It means that 16th January 2018 to 31st January 2018 will be on trial basis for traders, transporters. From 1st February, for interstate moment of goods it is mandatory.
4) The nationwide E Way bill system will be ready for both i.e. intrastate and interstate moment of goods from 16th January, 2018.
5) However, the states may choose their own timing for implementation of e-way bill for intrastate moment of goods but latest by any date before 1st June, 2018.
6) States have been given option to choose nationwide e way bill system for intrastate moment of goods before 1st June, 2018. After 1st June, 2018, it is mandatory for the states to follow nationwide e way bill system.
7) Certain states are already ready and may adopt to implement nationwide e way bill system from 1st February, 2018 itself.
Post a Comment